CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gaming Gone Wild


In my opinion, i believe gaming does steal from the youth, but if they have enough self control they can handle this and participate in other fun outdoor sports or helping at churches, volunteering is also a good option. Sometimes gaming plays a large part of people's lives, but to me I believe i can survive without gaming. I started playing games on my PC starting with classics such as NHL 99 and Triple Play 2000, these games were surprisingly really fun, and when I was a kid I would always play it after school on Friday. Though i don't play those games anymore on the PC. My first actual game system was my PlayStation 2 (PS2) i had to ask for a actual game system for a long time, when i finally got it, i was sort of addicted to it cause owning something you wanted for a long time is something very satisfying. My first games for my PlayStation 2 was NHL 2004 and NBA Live 05, but gradually lost interest in those games, but instead bought newer versions of the game, as i was attracted to the new features and functions such as dekes your can pull off in a newer version of the NHL game and updated rosters for NBA games. Before i got a gaming console, I would always hear people talk about what new games they bought for their game systems etc. I would always be excited when i could go to a friends house and play on their system. Currently i only own two systems a PS2 and a Wii, as for handhelds i have a Nintendo DS Lite

When comparing the games such as tetris, mario brothers. I personally have played these games and felt that these games can still be exciting for some and to me these are classics. New games come out every year for sports games, and as for other action packed games, they would come out once they see sales for the other game is falling etc.
New gaming consoles, as long as i believe my system is still functioning and games will still come out for the console, i would not buy a new system. I have handheld game system Nintendo DS lite and i feel this one is better than the recently released handheld Nintendo DSi, the only differences are there is a camera and screens are slightly changed nothing much.
Some games i think i won't get addicted to would be guitar hero or rock band because I'm not fond of those games, my hand eye coordination isn't as great, so therefore i won't be playing that particular game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember NHL 99 that game was so fun specially with the hidden special characters and what not. But yeah i have to agree that as long as there are games coming out for the system I have there's no reason to get a new one.


Comment #3(part 2)

Dustin said...

Yeah, I loved that game too. Your also right about the whole thing because if people didn't have self control, you obviously could tell they are addicted.

Mary-Lynn said...

Adrian,

Some excellent comments made. Well done. Please avoid using "i". Also, pay a little bit more attention to grammar usage.

Thanks.
Good work.
Ms. A

Crystal Emmanuel said...

Omg My brother loves that game. And i said the exact same thing. You need to have self control or your basically just addicted to it.